Sunday 8 May 2016

When the extra weight weighs in...

Hello My dear Friends! Today I share with you an incident that happened to me sometime ago (obviously it has to be me)... As we all know I am a bit plump.. ok.. a little on the chubby side.. alright downright fat... plus weird that I am, it was very difficult for some people to grasp the fact I would get married.... Anyhoo I digress from my path...

So just before my wedding, I was asked to work out and at least look a bit in shape for the reception photos (people... what to say... they mean well.. just sound annoying)... So I was huffing and puffing and trying to lose some weight around my love handles.. (which obviously did not happen)...




So wedding happens and cut to present (flashback is over pals). Lately, while looking at old photographs and I saw one wherein I thought I looked at my slimmest best (relatively..). So I use that as my whatsaap display picture (coz you know you do not want your peers to see your double chin and nostril hair in your dp).

Within 24 hours of uploading the picture, I get a ping from some old acquaintance asking me if I was pregnant? PREGNANT???!!!??? WHY!!!!! The person said I had a glow on my face and well.. I looked extra plump in my tummy area...

Damnation!!! I was appalled!!! My work-outs did not work out for me, I felt a pit in my stomach and wanted to curl up in the fetal position and cry till I died or something..

I gathered my remaining dignity and said to this acquaintance that No I was NOT pregnant, I was merely fat... (and never had a conversation with her after that)....

PS: In my defense, I really thought I had lost some minuscule grams of weight during those days...


12 comments:

  1. Never knew you to care....khaate pite ghar ke hain hum....duniya jale toh jale...just be sure to go for annual health check up's to avoid surprise ailments

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hilarious darling but truly speaking u wear ur confidence on in a amazing way... n look outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ek min... who was the one who thought u were pregnant on the reception day.... i mean.. Kya dimaag hai.. by God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No body thought that.. I had uploaded the photo as my whatsaap dp few days ago then this happened...

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha I finally got a chance to read your blog..and jus like old days it makes me smile andlaugh... I think you shd treat tht person wid so much food tht next time anybody who sees her end up saying u r so pregnant

      Delete
    4. yeah.. may be I should... R-E-V-E-N-G-E Hee hee haa haa (evil laugh)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Fantastic. I am also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work. carrying bags for strength training

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please keep on posting such quality articles as this is a rare thing to find these days. I am always searching online for posts that can help me. watching forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best! neck support pillow for traveling

    ReplyDelete