Wednesday 17 August 2016

Harry Potter & the Cursed Child – My Review



Even though the cover clearly states that it’s a play by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany; just like millions of other fan boys & fan girls I thought I’d get a book off which a play has been made.

ALAS!!!!! That was not true! After I had filled my mug with coffee and opened a bag of chips to accompany me with my newly received book in the mail, I opened the first page to a script!!! Can you believe it...? A GODDAMNED SCRIPT!!!!!

However, as I gulped my first disappointment with a mouthful of coffee, I proceeded on and stumbled on to my second & biggest disappointment... this was not written by J K Rowling at all... It seemed like the play has been written by 2 great playwrights and J K Rowling let them borrow her name. 

In my past, I’ve read enough fan fictions of Harry Potter to understand that this is just like those well written but not original books.

I am disappointed because of the following;
  • I thought it would be a book when it is a play script (my mistake)
  • The book is more of a fan fiction than a continuation of actual Harry Potter series (their mistake).



My verdict – A good book if you consider it to be any other random witch/wizard novel or play; but pretty much sad if you wanted more of Harry Potter magic.

4 comments:

  1. I paid in dollars for the book...I'm mighty pissed lol...wasn't so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book today.
    I ordered it from Amazon and they delivered it in just 2 days!
    Amazon link:
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

    ReplyDelete