Tuesday 1 December 2015

From the diary of a bookworm...

Like any other 80's child , I have grown up reading characters like Feluda, Byomkesh, Kakababu, Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, Tintin, Asterix and others. My adolescence has been extensively cultivated by Bengali and English authors alike. 

Thanks to my Grandfather who introduced me to the world of books, I’ve had a pretty colourful childhood. Imaginations ran wild and life was never monotonous. Every new book brought a new adventure along with it. Power of suggestion played a rather pivotal role during these days. No cell phones, no ipads, no gaming consoles, no malls to hang out, yet I was hardly ever bored.


Now life has much advancement to offer me, but the smell of both old and new books act as an instant portal to a new dimension or may be an old dimension where I have visited before but would not mind doing it again...

photo courtsy - www.annabellahagen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment