Thursday 17 December 2015

A Hero at Heart


This is my building dog Yeda AKA Inspector Chulbul Pande… He is a sweet kid just like any other roadie and a big Hero at heart. He is a chilled lazy dude who likes finer things of life like food, sleep, play and heavy petting.  Chubby looking kid with big brown eyes is a sight for sore eyes when I return from work every evening. I always loved him but from today he is my all-time favorite action hero… Let me tell you WHY…

Just like any other morning, I take Ole Kumar out for his walkie session and as usual Inspector Pande also walks alongside. In our area we have a very aggressive dog that lives in the apartment opposite to ours. Everything happened so fast that it took me few seconds to realize and get a grip…. One moment Ole Kumar was pooping happily and Yeda baba was chilling and peeing in the nearby bush when this other dog came charging at me and Ole to bite us…. Out of nowhere, Yeda ran interference and tackled this huge canine... twice…  (He had broken his leash and had run away from his walker)…

Chester (aggressive dog’s name) still wanted to bite Ole but he could not as I was standing between them and brave Yeda was behind him, warning him not to charge…  After a struggle of few minutes, Chester’s walker managed to leash him again, and he was taken off the grounds.

It was a turbulent morning, as my Ole is a quiet and a submissive dog who does not like confrontation; but he was brave too. Between Yeda and Ole, poor Chester must have been three times…

 
Chester happens to be a very aggressive dog because of his not-so-nice owners and lack of exercise and human touch… Hopefully knocking some sense into the owner’s head (which we did today) would bring about a change in Chester’s lookout.



However, at the end of the day, I am very proud of Ole and of course Yeda (the coolest dude I know in the canine world…)

1 comment: