Sunday 8 March 2015

Why Women's Day Celebration does nothing for women-hood in particular

Women's Day messages & wishes were all over the place yesterday! I found it so offensive as a woman that I laughed out loud every time I read those messages.
Honestly, What is the use of these glorified messages when at the end of the day women will be treated as a 2nd class citizen. Yesterday this conundrum of messages/wishes/posters etc made me feel like the sacrificial lamb who is well fed before being beheaded.
Let me be very clear, it is not a personal situation that has caused my this outburst, but the general mentality of the people in our country (not just men, but many women consider themselves as the inferior species).

The idea is simple;

  • Treat women like a fellow human beings throughout the year & not just one day..
  • We are not inanimate objects, but flesh & blood alive beings with feelings & emotions
  • We are not your personal maids, sex slave or punching bags.  
  • Live & let live is a great policy of life and everyone should follow that

No comments:

Post a Comment